Property Beautification Program
The Property Beautification Program aims to help build civic pride among the local business community and promote the overall marketability of the Conception Bay South Business Improvement Area.
Details & Eligibility
The Program may provide matching funding, from a minimum of $250.00 up to a maximum of $2000.00, towards the completion of enhancements that beautify and improve the appearance of a business structure or grounds, thus enhancing the appeal of Conception Bay South’s downtown core.
Who is Eligible?
- Commercial (non-home-based) businesses that are located within the designated downtown Business Improvement Area;
- Businesses who are in good standing with respect to payment of the BIA Levy;
- Applicants who have not received beautification/facade grants for two consecutive years prior to the current calendar year.
Eligible Work May Include...
- Design consultant fees;
- Design and installation of awnings and signs;
- Signage that is uniquely designed to integrate into building architecture;
- Exterior lighting that is decorative in profile;
- The purchase and installation of ornamental plants (ex. flowers, shrubs, trees) provided
they enhance the appearance of the property or enhance the sense of arrival for clients
- Landscaping or other property improvements.
- Installation of siding and other decorative wall coverings (I.e. brick)
- Purchase of paint, painting supplies, or painting services provided by an independent
- At the discretion of the Evaluation Committee, installation of windows that are unique or
decorative in appearance MAY be deemed eligible
Examples of ineligible activities include:
- Design and installation of entrance systems and related infrastructure
- Installation of generic vinyl or steel windows
There is no application deadline – applications will be accepted and reviewed on a first come, first served basis in 2020 until all available funding is exhausted.
Applications may be dropped off in person to the Conception Bay South Town Hall (11 Remembrance Square) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org